• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Does Ivory Soap cure RLS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
I thought this was very stupid, until I looked into it. My grandmother said her brother swears to god that Ivory Soap cures Restless Leg Syndrome. He sleeps with is under his bottom sheet. For many years it has helped him sleep and stopped his RLS. I recently had some RLS from withdrawals which is a little different, but it stopped my rls.. The feeling moved up to my upper body so it wasn't completely cured, but then again, im having withdrawals, so its different.

Does anyone else know about this? it worked for me and my uncle. Its kind of like one of those urban legends, only it actually works for some people. Do you think its placebo? As strong as my rls was, I kind of doubt that.

Last edited:
uh. what? how exactly do you use the ivory soap to get this effect?

it sounds like placebo to me

I'm pretty sure the idea came from this quack who has a column in my local paper: http://www.amarillo.com/stories/022506/fea_4047887.shtml <--- There's the link, knock yourselves out.

Look at this "doctor":
got_lores.jpg

Yeah, I trust the doctor who gives medical advice on the page next to Marmaduke... :|

I used to read his article in the paper, there's some pretty bad letters in there. Flat out nasty. The most memorable was a lady with a grapefruit sized growth somewhere in her vaginal area (don't ask). What I want to know is how pathetic/desperate (or wonderfully trollish :D) one would have to be to let that grow for some long, then instead of seeing a doctor, writing a letter to a "doctor" who answers 3 letters in the paper each week. Luckily for her, they published the letter and she got an answer, and even luckier for her, they didn't leave her name. Anyway, after that I always had to take a step back and think "who the fuck is writing to this guy?" And I still think about that poor lady, what if "Doctor" Gott didn't answer her question in the paper - would she still have that growth?

keep postin ^

your about to hit the big 11,000 post mark, then you will be able to fire all the shitty mods and take over.

hahah, Dove soap to cure RLS eh?

If curing conditions were this simple, we (those of us in the united states) would not be in the midst of a gigantic health care debate.

Why wouldnt we? Because the cure for heart disease would be baking soda.

I find Zest soap to work much better =D . Makes you smell good too.

In the future if you want to get something that will help your RLS during withdrawals i find a benzo like clonazepam, diazepam or temazepam mixed with gabapentin or lyrica to work great. Stops RLS dead in it's tracks pretty much. Gabapentin or lyrica on it's own works good actually.

This could be helpful because in your mind when you think that something will work it just may. Plus you have the added benefit if Ivory fresh bedding !

This seems like a whole crock-a-shizz. Im closing this for now. If you really want it reopened in the Lounge, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.